2003University of Phoenix
Bachelor of Science, Information Technology (Summa Cum Laude)
Explored technical topics such as database management, object oriented programming, server management, and telecommunications. Included business operations, accounting, and human resources.
November 2012 - CurrentCity of Elk Grove, Elk Grove, CA
Lead technologist providing overall guidance and vision for the technical direction of city resources. Seek out and implement automation opportunities. Strong leadership ideology paired with a comprehensive technical skillset in Windows Server, VMware, Palo Alto, and Cisco networks. Provide technical solutions and direction to junior support personnel. Develop operating procedures and training for new IT projects.
- Designed and implemented the cloud emergency response solution for the City of Elk Grove. Successfully preconfigured all city employees for a remote work environment ahead of the Covid-19 pandemic. Utilized best practices with Remote Desktop Services, Office 365 with Teams, and Palo Alto Global Protect to maintain 100 percent availability of city services. Had the foresight to prepare this deployment two years prior to the pandemic and achieved the goal of service continuity during the city-wide emergency.
- Manage the City of Elk Grove’s infrastructure budget to include the tracking of all reoccurring maintenance and support expenditures. Provide strategic thinking to ensure future projects continue to optimize organizational work processes at the city. Adhere to city purchasing guidelines while managing vendors to ensure optimal pricing is achieved for all purchases.
- Lead for the city’s Cyber Security team. Developed the city’s Cyber Security plan. Responsible for CrowdStrike end point protection implementation, KnowBe4 security awareness training, firewall technology, zero trust architecture, network intrusion detection, and patch management.
- Led cross-functional team to migrate city traffic signaling from copper to 5G wireless technology utilizing CradlePoint routers. After a successful proof of concept deployment, continue to provide direction for the implementation at the remaining intersections. My network design improved the availability and survivability of the traffic network, while avoiding network bottlenecks and single points of failure.
November 2005 - November 2012Digi International, Davis, CA
Senior Technical Analyst
Lead Windows Systems Administrator responsible for implementing and maintaining Windows servers and workstations in an Active Directory domain. Manage VMware ESXi servers with SAN attached storage hosting Windows virtual machines. Manage the ShoreTel VOIP and Syntellect call center systems.
- Technical leader for Foresight business intelligence team. Configured SQL Server Integration Services to import data from external sources and automated the replication to remote storage.
- Designed and developed the Windows automation tool Script Zombie, ScriptZombie.com, which automated companywide software installations and other desktop and server support tasks.
April 1997 - October 2005Sprint, Rancho Cordova, CA
Test Engineer II
Lead maintenance technician on Sprint’s National ACD platform. Researched, isolated, and resolved issues relating to the EADS Pointspan ACD and ETalk quality monitoring systems used in 46 Sprint call centers. Maintained, tested, and implemented Windows 2000 and 2003 servers. Provided end-user support for Windows XP and 2000 desktops. Automated daily maintenance, troubleshooting, and installation tasks.
- Administered and supported an NT domain consisting of 720 workstations, spanning two Sprint customer service call centers. Interfaced with staff and vendor organizations to solve system related problems. Resolved network issues utilizing network sniffers, cable testers and other common tools.
June 1987 - April 1997United States Air Force, Multiple Assignments
Weather Forecaster (1W071A)
Collect, analyze and integrate atmospheric information into military decision-making processes. Observe, record, and transmit surface, and upper air observations. Operate atmospheric and space-sensing instruments and computer workstations to interrogate data from weather radars, meteorological satellites, and products provided by military, national, and international weather agencies. Use a detailed understanding of the atmosphere and space environment to translate raw data into decision-quality environmental information. Issue advisories, watches and warnings to alert users of dangerous, inclement, or operationally significant terrestrial and space weather events. Understand war fighter tactics, techniques and procedures to maximize air, space, cyberspace combat power. Utilizes weather tactics, techniques, and procedures to integrate weather information into the decision-making process at all levels to mitigate and exploit weather impact on operations. Manage weather operations, ensure quality, and adapt resources to meet mission requirements.